Sunday, September 18, 2005

Going to Biloxi

If all goes according to plan, I'll be boarding a plane for Biloxi, Miss., on Tuesday. I'll be helping out the newspaper down there which, along with the whole Gulf Coast, was ravaged by Katrina.

The paper in Biloxi, The Sun-Herald, is owned by the same company that owns the paper I work for here in Fort Wayne. I had volunteered to go even before I went on vacation, so when the call went up for page designers, I was asked if I was still interested.

Looks like I'll be staying in an RV with a couple of other "temps." I've been asked to bring a sleeping bag, so this trip is less like a business trip and more like a camping trip.

But no complaints here: I have a house to back to. Besides, the staff at The Sun-Herald is way too tough for me to whine.

I hope to be able to blog from Biloxi at least daily. Check back for updates.

The photo is from the Simul Justus et Peccator blog by a member of First Prebyterian Church in Biloxi, another church in my PCA denomination. The church survived. His house in nearby Gulfport (in photo) is now nothing but a slab.

No comments: