Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Why I'm here

It may be hard to believe to those reading blog, but I'm not in Biloxi just to drive around town and make pithy remarks about the destruction Katrina wrought.

No, I'm here to work at The Sun Herald, the Knight Ridder newspaper here on the Mississippi Coast.

Katrina wrecked the homes of about a quarter of the employees, so Knight Ridder started sending in replacements for those people who suddenly had a lot more on their minds than go to work.

Plus, some employees just decided to pack it up and move back to where they came from.

As you likely guessed, my newspaper, The News-Sentinel of Fort Wayne, Ind., also is a Knight Ridder paper. So we all were asked who would be interested in helping out in Biloxi, and I was among the volunteers. I've been here doing page design and the occasional copy editing.

In my spare time, I've been doing all that other, more interesting and photogenic stuff.

1 comment:

Ms. Rena said...

interesting...so how is it going??